Sunday, March 29, 2015

Wish I knew then..

   Given my experiences in this field, the situations I've been in and the effect similar situations have had on friends of mine, I felt it necessary to address what to do after investigations. I don't claim to be an expert. Far from it. It is important that we all remember that there are no experts when it comes to the paranormal. What I can claim is that I have made mistakes. Lots of them. More than once. It's because of these mistakes that I have the knowledge I do, and I hope sharing it will save others from suffering the way I have.
   1) The most important thing is to remember to take care of YOU. You can't continue in this field, one you probably love or you wouldn't do it, if you neglect yourself. Bring food on investigations. Protein bars. Water. Juice. Anything that will nourish and hydrate.
   2) Carry something to ground you. A stone, charm, picture...anything that brings you back to center. It is VERY easy to lose yourself, and very dangerous.
   3) NEVER go alone to investigate. Granted, 99% of the time you will be fine, but all it takes is that 1%.
   4) Be with people you trust who KNOW YOU. Who know what to look for. If at any time it becomes too much, trust them to pull you back.
   5) Smudge afterwards as soon as possible. Not only will this release any possible residual effect spirits have on you, it will keep them (in most cases) from following you home.
   I realize, in the grand scheme of things, these may seem silly and over cautious, but it has become my motto to be "better safe than sorry."
   I pass this on with a loving heart. I pray that all who choose to do this realize their importance to the field and the need to keep discovering, growing and bringing enlightenment. Much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment