Saturday, March 14, 2015

Fate...

   I plan on getting all kinds of mushy, romantic and magical on ya, so hear me out. I have reason for telling this...promise!
   Since I've spent most of my blogs telling about the harder parts of a mystical life I figured it was time to give a more pleasant example of it.
   You see...I found myself single after being married for 10 yrs. I had the firm belief that this was going to be my lot in life and I had come to terms with it. Was happy, even. I traveled some. Did things how I wanted. Dated off and on when the time was right. None of this bothered me and I felt fulfilled with how things were going. A very dear friend of mine wanted to set me up with someone she felt was "perfect" for me. I declined, time and time again, without ever seeing or meeting him. I'm not really sure why. I was dating. I wasn't celibate.  I just kept saying no.
   Apparently I took too long for the fates and they chose to intervene.
   You see...we were planning another trip to New Orleans, this same friend and I. I had someone I was going to see when we went down there. A musician I had met on the previous trip and had stayed in contact with. I had no desire to change those plans. My friends and I were going to the True Blood Ball the day before Halloween on this trip. I had my gown bought and paid for.  I'm still uncertain what happened. Why things changed. But they did and my life was changed for  the better. Forever.
   About 2 weeks before we were to leave, I  woke up with the strangest feeling. Almost on auto pilot I contacted the man in New Orleans and told him I was seeing someone and would be unable to visit.  He was taken aback, but accepted what I said. That same day I took my gown back to the store for a refund. I took that money and bought what I needed to make a costume.  A black angel. After I made it I got a call from my friend who was going with me letting me know that the fella she wanted to set me up with was going with the group as well.  I was bothered by the news, but didn't really know why, since we had never met. Anyway...I put it in the back of my mind and continued to plan my portion of the trip.
   When the day came that we were to leave, I met Jason for the first time. Our first day there he walked out of the bathroom in his costume and let out a low whistle when he saw me in mine. Not gonna lie...I had cleavage cinched within an inch of it's life in a black corset set off by black angel wings a ripped apart skirt and knee high black boots. It was a nice costume. What floored me was when he removed his shirt to show me his tattoo on his left arm. It was an angel in black ink. He said he was lucky to walk into a Ball with an angel on each arm. I melted.
   Our first date lasted 5 days and we've been together ever since. I didn't doubt then, and I don't doubt now, that the fates stepped in when I refused to cooperate.  And I'm forever glad they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment