Thursday, March 5, 2015

Time lost....again....

   So...here's another instance where time slipped away from me. This was my third (I think) trip to New Orleans.  I was with a different group of people this time. It was my 37th birthday...many moons ago! Lol. It was our second day there and we were visiting some of the local shops. I'm always looking for new tarot cards, oils snd such and the voodoo shops there have a wonderful selection.  We had just walked into one of them when I felt the weight of a 200lb man on my shoulders.  I can't explain quite how that feels to anyone except to say it's suffocating.  I remember stumbling out of the shop and placing my hand against its wall for support.  That's pretty much where it all goes blank.  The next thing I know is I'm laying on my back, knees bent, blocks away on the stoop of Jacque St. Germaines house.
   According to the girls with me, after I walked outside the shop, I got a dazed look on my face. I appeared to not even know who they were.  They said I  "took off" running, never looking back.  When they caught up to me I was trying to break into the house. When I couldn't get the front door or windows open, I went to the side door.  My friend,  Jana, kept calling my name and said I looked at her like a stranger. When I had no luck getting in, they said I went to the stoop (porch), lay down and closed my eyes.
   That's how I woke up. I have no memory of this. It was daylight.....and yes, I was sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment