Monday, March 16, 2015

past lives

   I was very glad to see a topic brought up today on facebook. One that deserves further discussion.  It was a question of past lives.  Do we believe that people have them or do we take the safe route and convince ourselves that we have only one existence?  I'm hoping to further the discussion by sharing one memory I have that I know proves, atleast to me, that many if us have lived before.
   About 10 years ago I began to meditate. I wanted to fully understand the expansion of the gifts I'd had since childhood and this was a way to do that, I'd been told. I went through the motions of preparing myself and the area in which I was to try this. I followed the instructions to a "T" and could feel myself relaxing as I lay down to begin the count. It was surprisingly easy, considering this was my first time to try it. I could feel myself start to float as I saw the 7 chakras pass before my eyes in their assigned colors.  It was eerie and peaceful at the same time. I am uncertain how long I floated this way.  Minutes or hours, either could be the case. Then everything changed.
   I was shocked, at first, to feel the damp grass under my feet. It was dark outside. As dark as dark could be, but I wasn't scared. I could hear laughter. It was coming from me as I was running through the grass. I had long blonde hair that had come loose from the dark green hooded cloak I wore. I could feel the material of my blouse on my skin. Slightly rough. I think there used to be a material called "lawn"...but I'm not sure if that name is correct.  My long skirt whipped around my ankles as I ran. I felt so free. I wasn't even afraid of the voices i could hear behind me. They were a mix of male and female, so in my young mind, I thought I was safe. I looked back as the voices grew louder and felt the first shiver of fear. These people were not running with me...they were charging AT me.
   I sped up hoping I could outrun them. At that moment the moon came out from behind the clouds, illuminating a tree that was dead in the middle of my path. The long low hanging branch had a large knot on it that I saw a second too late. My forehead slammed into the knot, throwing me back on the ground. I came to standing about 20 feet away...and watched as the group of people hung me from the very tree that I had ran into. I'm uncertain as to how I was able to view my own death this way, but it happened.
   I came out of my meditation crying. My head hurt in the exact spot where I hit. To this day I cannot handle anyone touching my throat and I am especially sensitive to spirits who died by hanging. Anyway....that is my story of that life. Please feel free to comment and share yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment