Monday, March 9, 2015

Knowing your spirit animal.

   If you had asked me 20 years ago if I knew what my spirit animal is, I wouldn't have had a clue. It took one instance to change my mind on that. Only one.
   You see, I had only recently decided to finally accept myself. Only recently decided to embrace the difference in me that I did not see in many others.
   I went with a friend to a Pagan retreat for the weekend. I had never even considered doing this before, but I was intrigued at the idea. I was so thirsty for any type of approval or guidance. I needed it. I wasn't disappointed.
  While I believe in Jesus, I also accept others beliefs. Others chosen path. We all have much to learn from eachother.
   It was a beautiful campsite.  While thunderstorms roared all around us, not one drop landed in our chosen location. Their were lunar moths the size of my palm and two twin tail comets crossed the sky during our drum circle.  This was also the weekend I discovered my ability to contact my "lighthouse man". He helps during meditation. I will discuss him later. :)
   Anyway...after an absolutely joyous and peaceful weekend,  I came back home and was on my way to get my son when I stopped at McDonald's.  As I pulled into the drive through I saw a wolf, maybe a hybrid but mostly wolf, sitting in front of me. He just stared. People coming out of the restaurant gave him a wide berth but I wasn't scared. I smiled at him thinking, maybe I should get him some food.  I pulled up and gave them my order. No sooner did I pull up to pay did I realize I forgot to order his food.  I was so upset about it but I still didn't ask them to add it as I paid. When I pulled away, after getting my change, I realized what had happened.  Without me even asking, or paying, they had doubled my order. My wolf was going to get his meal.
   I pulled back around to the other side of the restaurant and there he sat. Waiting patiently.  Passersby looked strangely at us as I fed him, but I did not care.
   When I was finished I pulled out of the lot and my cellphone rang. It was the gal I went on the retreat with. She was letting me know that the same group was doing a workshop on spirit animals and wanted to know if I could go. I told her what happened and said there was no need. I already knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment