Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Time lost...

   I've went over these instances time and again in my head...the lost time I've experienced.  It is pretty hard to explain to people how something like this can make you feel. The total absence of memory and the complete trust you have to have in the people around you when it happens.
   I've experienced this three times in my life...all of which happened in New Orleans.  And before anyone asks....yes, I was completely sober. Lol. I'll give the first instance now...then decide how much I care to divulge in a later blog. 
   It was my first trip to NOLA. I had been dreaming of it for months! The gals and I had a blast but one thing was missing.  I had not yet been to Marie Laveaus tomb. We had just finished breakfast at a place called Mothers and were standing outside...and that's where my memory goes kapluey. 
   The next thing I know is I'm standing in front of her tomb...about 18 blocks away from where I just was. My friends with me said my face went blank and theb I took off at a dead run. They said I weaved in and out of traffic and alleyways, but never stopped. They caught up with me just outside St. Louise #1. They said I didn't even look at them. I just held my hand up, said "just a minute" and walked into the cemetery straight to her tomb. 
   Weird,  huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment