Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Odd One Out

   I would have to say this is, by far, my hardest blog to post. I will do so for one reason and one reason only, the fact that it may help someone.
   I spend the majority of my days just going through the motions.  Putting on a happy face and trying to act as if nothing is bothering me. This is very hard. I don't think people truly understand how hard. My only comfort is coming home and being with those who truly understand me.
   How do you go to work and explain to people you can't sleep cause of what you see and hear when you close your eyes? How do you explain the images you're compelled to draw just so you can have some peace? When you've tried to open up in the past it's turned you into a sideshow freak? You answer questions cause you have to just to be accepted. Then you get the stares cause you know too much.
   My only reprieve is home, and the friends I've made in other paranormal communities. The first understands and accepts me. The second, well...I  can atleast try to help. I know this sounds like a big pity party, but it's not. I just want others to know these feelings are normal. We're not weird. We have a purpose.
   And I want everyone else to know that what we do comes at a cost. One we are more than willing to pay. So please be kind in your judgement.  We do care what you think whether we admit it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment