Saturday, November 28, 2015

Just so you know...

   I wanted to type out a quick blog about something I feel truly passionate about. Evidence. Yes...evidence. We all know I'm always preaching at ya about being honest...btw...don't expect that to stop anytime soon...k? But the honesty I speak of isn't just in words, it's in actions. What I'm talking about is honesty during investigations. So many of us rely on the idea that people are legit when they show a play back, or post an EVP...and I'm sure a lot of people are. At least I hope so. That having been said, a lot of people aren't, so I'm going to give you a little info on what to look for so you will know the next time you watch someone.

   One of the easiest tricks that people use to fool you into thinking they got an EVP is called bookmarking. Apparently, when you have one of the older voice recorders...and maybe even some new ones, you can "imprint" a voice or sound or whatever on there and when you record over it and it will sound like a real EVP. Not only is this completely unethical, it's just too damn time consuming. Who has the time to come up with stuff like this? I sure as hell don't but some people do. Now...I know that seems like it would be hard to spot and prove, so we will move onto something a little easier. It's kind of along the same concept, only instead of an pre-imprinted EVP that is recoded over, this time it's just simply a pre-recording that is played to make you think it's an EVP. The best way to spot this is during playback you won't hear the investigator ask the question. You will only hear the EVP. Sad...I know, but people WILL do this.

   The other one some people will do we will call "scratching". Let's face it...we have all heard "weird noise" EVP's. I know I have. And some are actually something...but some are not. One of the tricks investigators use is rubbing their finger or fingernail over the side of the recorder. This will give you a very odd sound that normally can't be explained by natural means and ....voila...it's "paranormal". Sad, huh?

   Last, but definitely not least, shall we discuss paranormal pics? Do you really want me to get started on that topic. I could talk for hours alone about the different apps out there that can produce a "paranormal" image. Not to mention, if you want it to look like mist on a pic...like there is a spiritual white mist floating in front of you...smoke a cigarette. Works great. I'm putting all this out there because I believe that viewers deserve to know the truth and if people keep trying to dupe them with fake evidence, well, let's just say it's insulting and they soon will not stand for it.

   Oh...and if you take a pic to an honest team trying to say you have something going on at your house...fully expect them to be skeptical and not assume it's something till they can prove it. Oh...and if it's fake...best believe they will prove that too. Food for thought...

Blessed Be )O(

3 comments: