Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Past, Present...Future...

   I was talking to a dear friend tonight about past lives. We've had some pretty decent discussions about the idea on here, my friends, and I've enjoyed it immensely. I would like to take a minute tell you about one of my possible lives. One that I won't know fully about until I can see the area, in person, for myself. Do you know where I'm talking about? Do ya??? Lol.

   Romania, my lovelies!

   Yes, Romania. There are many reasons I feel such a pull to this area of the world. Sure...I feel it would feed my gypsy soul. Now...this may or may not be a good thing, depending on who you are talking to. I know it would be divine. I have a connection to a legend, a hero, of the region that I can't deny and I sincerely wish to know more. You see, many moons ago I had a friend purchase me a book shelf...sight unseen...from a thrift store. She brought it back to my job, covered in an inch layer of dust and filth. I gave her the money and slipped it into my trunk.

   I finished out my work day, as usual, not really giving it much thought except for knowing it was going to take ALOT of elbow grease to get it looking decent. But, hey, I was poor and needed furniture so I wasn't about to complain over my ten dollar investment. After I got home, and started to clean it, I began to notice the beauty in its simple lines. The way the sides folded out and the shelves folded down was unique to me. I had never really seen anything like it. As I began to get off the last bit of grime under the bottom shelf, I felt something. I turned it over and there, on the underside of the bottom shelf, was a tag. A shipping tag. I flipped it on it's side and took a closer look. I felt my heart lodge in my throat as I realized what I was looking at.

   The shipping tag had Vlad Tepes raised, embossed face on it. This book shelf was from Romania. Now, I know I may have written about this before when I talked about my affinity for vampires and such, but what I didn't disclose at the time was my complete fascination with Vlad. Very few people know about this so I can't really believe I'm telling ya'll. Lol. I used to dream about him when I was little. I was never really bothered by the things he had to do during his time on this earth. I've always felt rather close to him and wondered why others couldn't understand that he only did what he knew he had to do to protect his people.

   All of this was solidified in my mind when I received this gift. I can only think of it as such because the odds of lil ol' me being blessed with such a find is simply too much to believe. I feel it was meant to find me. Was meant to be mine...again. Not just the shelf, but his image, hidden under layers of dust and grime, was meant to come back to me. Had I known him? Were we close? Was a child who, through his violence, he had protected or was I a lover? Was I him. These things go through my mind and leave me to wonder if I will ever have the answers. I have to believe that someday I will. That I will sit, quietly, as he tells me his story. I have to believe that.

Blessed Be )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment