Friday, November 13, 2015

My heart breaks...

   Writing is my therapy. It helps me to focus my thoughts and to point them in a more positive direction. That is what I am hoping to accomplish with this blog tonight.

   Just hours ago a horrific terrorist act was committed in Paris. It is still going on as I write, in fact. As my friends and I wait with baited breath my heart weeps and my mind screams. You see...I have many loved ones over seas. People who have accepted me into their families as a part of their own. People who worry about me when I am sick. People who check on me when a bad storm is coming. People who care for me as much as I care for them. They are my non-blood family. Therefore, when they hurt...I hurt. And I am so unbelievably heart sick that something as horrible as this is happening so close to people I love.

   I simply don't understand this. I don't understand the mentality of believing you, or your, religion or culture is so right that people must die who don't fit your mold. This has went on for thousands of years and doesn't seem to be letting up.

   I'm not going to single out any religious order. Nor am I going list the faults and atrocities of all of them. I'm simply going to plead. Yes, that's right...PLEAD.

   I am begging anyone who reads this to remember what faith is all about. What hope is all about. What LOVE is all about. It is my understanding that the basis for ALL religion is the "Golden Rule". Something so simple yet so easily forgotten. Treat others how you would wish to be treated. It's that simple. Can we not see past the teachings of man and focus on what it is really all about. Whether you are black, white, pink, yellow or purple. Catholic, Jewish, Muslim or Pagan. We all have one very important thing in common.

   We are ALL human.

   Not every person who shares the same lineage as these terrorist is a future terrorist anymore than every Catholic priest is a pedophile. There is good AND evil in the world. Sometimes it's too easy to forget the good when something like this happens. I know...I watched airplanes fly into the Twin Towers as it happened.

   So please...for what it's worth. Want justice for those taken too soon. By all means, pray for an end to this for once and for all. But above all, don't let the action of others take away your humanity. Don't let it take away your love. The people of Paris are opening up their homes to strangers. That is an act of love in the face of total despair and heartbreaking devastation. Bless them for that.

Blessed Be )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment