Sunday, November 15, 2015

Paraunity...NOT

   Yes...I actually paused the "documentary" I was watching to write this. I couldn't help it and you will see why. I won't say what it was because it goes against the whole point of me writing this but I will say you can find it on Hulu.

   I was laying there, minding my own business, somewhat enjoying the show when I heard the most unbelievable thing come out of one of the guys mouth. It completely confirms what most of us have known all along. That a lot of people are into the paranormal for the fame and notoriety they get. When that goes to their heads, complete asinine statements, like the one he made, spew forth from the mouth like so much vomit.

   "Every other investigator that has been in this house was an amateur. If this is really the 'Axe Murder House' WE are the people you need to show yourself to." Or some such garbage like that. As I'm sure you can guess, I am talking about the Villisca Axe Murder House in Villisca, IA. Now...that house isn't the main investigation this doc is about, but they have made it a pretty big part of it.

   Anyone who is in the paranormal field, I'm sure, can understand why I find that statement ludicrous. Just in case, as you know I always do, I will lay it out for you because that's just how I roll.

   1) There is no such thing as a "Professional" ghost hunter. There are such things as "people who have tv shows regarding the paranormal", though. Not the same thing. Just saying.

   2) This is not...I repeat IS NOT...an exact science. You can have all the expensive gadgets that money can buy and you still won't get evidence that can be proven. You may...but there are no guarantees. Let's face it...it's not like you are an accountant or a doctor where you are guaranteed some sort of result.

   3) Remember where you came from and who is watching you. Yes...I'm talking about the "amateurs" you just slighted by putting yourself up on some invisible pedestal. It may hurt to fall from such a height. That's a good thing to remember.

   4) Some of the most compelling evidence I've seen was gotten LIVE with a zero budget. I have yet, to date, seen anything to come close. Guess what...it was gotten by "so called amateurs".

   It all boils down to one thing. Some people are paid "ghost hunters" on an edited show, some people aren't. Some people have a budget to do whatever they want, regardless of how questionable it is. Others would never dream of doing that no matter how big the budget was. Some people get a big head thinking they are above reproach. Some just want to do what they love without it draining their own bank accounts. But, most important, most just want the truth. The unfortunate thing is when the general public watches something like this, and they see the attitude of the "star" of the show, it cast another doubt on this field I love. For once, I would LOVE for a paid ghost hunter to go into a location and make it NOT about THEM, but about WHO they were trying to contact. Food for thought, folks...Just sayin...


)O(

  

No comments:

Post a Comment