Monday, February 1, 2016

2 sides of the coin...

   I have an obsession. Truly...I do. Since I was a little girl, really. I have been obsessed with vampires and werewolves. It's okay to chuckle, if you need to. Take your time...I'll wait....

   Tick, tock...tick, tock...

   You get it out of your system? Good...now we may continue. I'm not really sure when it all started. My feelings about the two go back as far as I can remember. As I grew older the fantasies I had, as a child, became darker and more real. Sinister, but in a way that gives you good goosebumps...not bad ones.

   I think it may stem from the desire to be that strong. Invincible... to a point. I know they both have their weaknesses, true. But when push comes to shove they can hold their own. In ways us mere mortals can only dream.

   The vamp side of me craves the wildness that only a true child of the night can enjoy. Not just sexual freedom but an uncaging of the mind. Power. Persuasion. Total control. The ability to disengage emotionally and be triumphant physically. It's staggering how perfect that all sounds.

   Then I have the wolf deep inside me...clawing...howling to be set free. To run wild. Break free of the societal bonds that chain us. To rip off any shred of human likeness and become one with the dirt, the grass, the moon. Life.

   That is the one common denominator between these two beast that lay dormant inside me. The pull of the night. I crave it...the dark. The stillness of it all. The random sounds we pay no attention to during our hectic days of robotics.

   Tis music. The glorious notes of natures beating heart. Swirling together on a light breeze we are all to busy sleeping to hear. Such a shame, really. To miss such beauty.

   The tales of these two, the two sides of the coin, are almost as old as time itself. Yet, instead of diminishing over the ages, they grow. Evolve. Makes one wonder....

   As for me...I will continue to dream of them. By night or day. As one or both. Myth or not they will forever remain a part of me.

   Blesses Be )O(

3 comments:

  1. I feel as if I could have written this entry myself. it's so nice to find a kindred spirit. =) even as a little kid I wanted to be awake at night, loved the night. I think some of us are more open and more aware of these two sides of the coin within ourselves than others and I love that you're willing to open up so much. Blessed be. ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I spent much of my life hiding these feelings, to my detriment. I share now in hopes of helping others. No one should ever have to feel like they are less for being a Lil different. )❤(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete