Saturday, February 27, 2016

I'll take "Fate" for $300...

   I was musing today about the funny quirks of life and how much, or little, control we have over our own destiny. A strange train of thought, to be sure, but one I think bodes a closer look sometimes.

   I started thinking about my life, in particular, because a coworker told me how proud she was of me. How it was inspiring what I have accomplished against the odds I was dealt. She said..." You could have went a whole other way...". I knew what she meant, too.

   It's true. I could have laid down and let life beat me when I thought I had nothing left to fight with. I'm so glad I didn't. But I'm not giving myself too much credit on that. No.....and here's why....

   I believe it was fate, to a certain extent. I know it's taken some pretty big balls to get over my obstacles but just getting over them wasn't enough. I was being tested.

   Yes....I said it. Tested.

   We all are, I think. To see which road fate will lead us down based on how we handle what's thrown at us. Think about that for a minute.....think of all the things you can come face to face with in your life. Every experience that is meant to shape you.

   From failed marriage, to lost loves. The death of unborn children, to betrayal of friendship and heart. To be put in the path of people so vile that, to you, they seem to be soulless. Greed, lies, manipulation. To be tested constantly on how much you can take and how serenely you can rise above it. I know we have all been in these situations in one way or another. Does it not make sense that it is all to propel us towards something better?

   Even the timing of events seem to be steered by a hand other than our own. How the worst situations can bring you into the fold of the best, and most valued, of friendships. How you can reunite with souls from your past that are meant to travel with you, and guide you, on your journey. Tis truly a gift...this game of life. One that I intend to cherish. Whatever lesson it throws my way. I only wish the same for us all.

   Blessed Be )O(

 

No comments:

Post a Comment