Sunday, April 12, 2015

Tarot, anyone?

   I wanted to take a moment and discuss tarot with y'all. I'm sure there are nuts and bolts to it. A set way people do things. I'm sure I even learned some of it somewhere. I'm not going to say which way is right or wrong. I will simply tell how I do things and let my readers decide what works best for them.
   I've tried many different layouts, but one I learned in New Orleans has, by far, been the most accurate. It's called a voodoo spread. Now...don't be frightened by the name. There is no white or black magic. Only shades of gray and intent.
   With the voodoo spread, the reader has the client shuffle the deck. How many times is irrelevant as it is individual to each person. Once that is done, the deck is spread out, facedown, and the client picks out 9 cards. These 9 cards are laid out, again face down, in the order they were chosen. 3 lines of 3. At that point, the client will then randomly give a card number to be turned over.
   This is where you can decide for yourself how best to proceed. You can lay them in a straight line, once turned, and read at the end...or you can read as they are turned individually. I prefer all at once that way there is no break in the story. Because this is a completely random draw, I have found it is the best in truly reading for an individual.
   Now...for a particular situation there are two ways to go about it. The first is a yes/no draw. I shuffle the deck and cut it as many times as I feel necessary. Then I start drawing, turning the cards over each time. If you get 3 major arcana cards before you hit 13...then the answer is yes. Depending on the order those major arcana cards are pulled tells you if the yes is spoken or shouted. Lol.
   The other is a past/present/future 3 card draw. Again...shuffle/cut/shuffle...Then draw 3 cards randomly from the deck and lay them out side by side, in order. You can use the booklet that comes with your cards or go with your gut. Your choice.
   Anyway...just a brief tutorial on the basics of tarot. Hope it helps! Happy reading!!

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment