Monday, April 20, 2015

In The Air Tonight

   I have stated in a previous blog about the power of words and thoughts. We have all been on the receiving end of harsh words. We know the pain they can cause. We have also allowed unspoken words, thoughts, to build in us causing others, and ourselves pain. We could talk about that all night and probably all agree on how damaging they can be.
   I don't want to do that. And I don't think you do either. What I want to discuss are healing words and thoughts. They pack just as big of a whammy as the damaging kind, but people rarely use them.
   Imagine, If you will, all the anger and animosity you have in your heart. Imagine that blackness slowly becoming lighter. Charcoal, then gray, light gray then white.
   Can you see it? Now imagine focusing all that energy towards a specific target. A friend in need, a lover, a sick relative. Imagine focusing all that energy into doing something good. Something helpful. Something pure from which you have nothing to gain except the knowledge that you helped another.
   It's a beautiful feeling isn't it? I imagine people who are religion, not really spiritual, based would call this praying. I'm ok with that. Don't really care how you package it. The gift inside the box is the same.
   I have used this process many times. From helping someone who was ill, to sending a dear friend (hiya kimber!) much needed "good vibes". You can make someone feel as if you are standing right next to them, touching their face. They can feel you looking into their eyes. It is an amazing feeling.
   I'm giving y'all some homework. I want each and every one of you, regardless of the day you've had, to do this one selfless act. Give of yourself. Your energy. Your soul. If you don't have a specific person to send to give that energy to the universe. Trust me. You may not see the benefits immediately, but I can guarantee you will be blessed three-fold for the effort.

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment