Thursday, April 21, 2016

Baby, You're a star....

   As I sit here trying to keep the tears from blocking my view of my phone screen, I'm reminded of how lucky we all are. How blessed we've been to have witnessed the rising stars of our time. Unfortunately we also have to see these same stars fall, quietly, to the ground. Their fiery, majestic, spirit being extinguished by the confines of life and death.

   This year...2016...has reminded us, brutally, that life is unbelievably short. That our dreams can be taken from us without warning. That we need to reach out and grab ahold of them with all of our might...lest they slip away never to be seen again.

   This final passing of an incredible talent has affected me more than any other. Prince was such a huge part of my teen years. I almost can't think of a moment when his music didn't make me smile or comfort me when I cried. He will be truly missed.

   What we need to do during these times of sadness is remember the examples we have been left with. The proof that hard work does pay off. That sacrifice is worth it if your dream is important to you. That you should ALWAYS believe in yourself....even when others seem to not. Prince, David Bowie, Alan Rickman and a slew of others have left this world way too soon. But they left us with a legacy. We should all try our best to honor the hard work, dedication and perseverance they fought so hard to achieve. Remember...they are watching. Be kind. Be loving. Be brave. Be YOU!!!

   BLESSED BE )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment