Thursday, January 7, 2016

The "D" word...

   So, I'm home sick today due to food poisoning. DO NOT eat gas station cheeseburgers, people. I'm chatting with a friend, between yucky sessions, and the topic comes up about demons and the fact that so many people assume they have demon activity in their house.

   Now, I'm sure I went over this before in another blog, but I think I was talking about multiple things at that time so I didn't get to spend as much time on the subject as may have been warranted. Well...I'm getting ready to change that. Brace yourselves...

   In regards to demon activity....

      1) Yes...that type of activity CAN exist.
      2) NO...that DOES NOT mean that should be your first thought when AND if you experience paranormal activity in your home.


   Trust me, I understand the fascination. I really do. From every paranormal TV show out there we are conditioned to believe that it isn't activity if it isn't scary and dangerous. Well, that's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. Why would it be more important to experience something negative as it would something positive? Anyone reading this, ask yourself right now, which would you rather be able to do... 

      1) Make contact with something otherworldly and possibly evil?
      2) Make contact with someone's loved one and bring closure to a family in need?

  If you answered number one, hands down, then please...by all means...get out of this field. Would it be cool? Yes. Interesting? Yes. Would you like the bragging rights to it? Of course. Is it the most important thing?

  HELLZ NO.

 Most of us who are in this field have a strong pull to connect with loved ones who have passed on. We are, for the most part, looking for answers and closure. People, like myself and others I know, are looking to help as many people as we can. Living or dead. It is a calling. Plain and simple. Now...I'm not saying that when someone claims to have demonic activity that it isn't true. Not at all. What I AM saying, is that it is the LEAST common type of activity you will run across yet is the most talked about and claimed.

   Think about that. Think long and hard about it. Has it ever occurred to anyone that you may be being programmed to believe that? Think of how many people out there think what we do is bullshit and that we make outrageous claims to findings. By automatically assuming that any activity, that "appears" negative, is demonic we are strengthening their claims that we are kooks.

   So stop it. Really. Claim activity if you have it. But for the love of whatever God or Gods you believe in please don't make assumptions on what it is till you have all the facts. That's why it is called Paranormal INVESTIGATING. It's not called Paranormal CONCLUSIONS. Oh...and for those groups out there who get a kick out of telling a homeowner or a business that they have demonic activity just because it makes you look like a badass "ghost hunter"...

   You STOP too. This isn't a game. It belittles us all and makes it that much easier for people to cast a negative eye our way. No one...I repeat...NO ONE should go into an investigation with a preconceived conclusion to what is causing it. Open mind is key. If it's demonic, trust me, you will know without having to guess. If it isn't, you just might be able to actually help someone, which is the real reason for doing all of this in the first place. Right? Right.

Blessed Be )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment