Sunday, January 17, 2016

Someday...

   We have all used the word "someday" when describing the things we want to do in life.
   "Someday I'll quit the job I hate..."
   "Someday I'll find time for myself..."
   "Someday I'll see all those places I dream about..."

   Well...the culmination of my somedays came yesterday. I received my passport in the mail. I even did a little dance at the mailbox. Lol. To bystanders I may have looked a little crazy.

   I didn't care. Not even a little.

   You see...to me that was a HUGE sign from the universe telling me "go get 'em, hun!" Sounds silly, but it's true. I've never lived my life for me. I've never taken chances. I've never "broken the rules". Not really. I've always done what was expected of me. I've stayed in situations that were slowly killing my soul because I thought I had to. It was less than a year ago when I finally said "to hell with that way of thinking". I have worked my fingers to the bone for others my whole life. I've worked till I could barely stand up straight or walk without limping. I've poured my soul onto pages with little to no support emotionally. I've done what so many women have done. They put their dreams on hold while supporting someone else's. Well...here's my advice to ANYONE who has spent their life doing that...

   STOP.

   You are worth believing in, too. Be a good mom by showing your children that dreams are worth chasing. That life is meant to be lived. Give them wings so that when it's time for them to fly they will do so without fear. If you lack spousal support then, by all means, reevaluate your situation. One of you shouldn't have to die inside so the other can live. Trust me. You may have to work twice as hard by yourself or, in my case, you may find the load lessens when you embark on this journey single.

   Yes, my house gets messy. Yes, we may have to get take out a few times a week cause I'm too damn tired to cook. Yes, I may have to juggle a bit being all the things I am, but you know what?

   It's worth it.

   My son tells me how proud he is of me. How I never let life get me down anymore. How he wants to live his life to the fullest because he sees what I'm trying to do. I can't tell you how proud that makes me. A year ago I was full of "somedays". Today I'm actually planning and doing. There's a meme out there that says "When life knocks you down calmly get back up and say 'you hit like a bitch'". People....this is true. You are only limited by yourself, the way you let others treat you and by how slowly you get up after being knocked down. Don't ever forget this is YOUR life. Do you really want to die with "somedays" still in your heart?

   Blessed Be )O(

 

2 comments:

  1. Where were you when I was growing up? I needed to hear this! People who know me will say "you? Afraid? You, the only child in the family that never missed home when you went away to camp? You who stayed behind at 17 to finish high school while your family moved to another state? You who moved to California from Michigan by yourself?" YES YES AND YES! So many opportunities I missed out on because I was afraid of failure or because there would be another day. Well my "other days" get smaller in number. Thanks for your inspiration. One of my new years resolutions is to do something for myself 1 time each month (min) no ifs ands or buts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that, hun!!!! We can no longer just exist. We have to breath in every breathe as if it's our last!

    ReplyDelete