Thursday, May 12, 2016

WTF....... REALLY? REALLY!

   Nope.  This isn't a paranormal blog, folks.  Not tonight.  It IS,  however,  really important so please keep reading.

   It has come to my attention that some people who are out there in "social media land" are NOT who they appear to be.  True...true... I know we all know this.  Hell... It happens all the time,  I'm sure.  Seen it myself,  first hand.  What's scary,  though,  is the lengths people will go to trying to fool people or to simply fool themselves.

   My latest run in with this was on facebook.  You know....the "one step up from MySpace,  family oriented" facebook.  I started to wonder about some of my "friends" on there.  Certain red flags were being noticed and that little warning bell went off in my head so I began to check into it.

   Yep.....you guessed it.  Fake pics.  One right after the other.  Stolen off the internet and used to lead others to believe this was the actual person they have interacted with.  Personally,  I think it's sick.  I am so thankful I learned my lesson on trusting people to be honest on social media.  I can't imagine,  now,  using something like twitter or facebook as a dating service.  Not after all I've seen.

   I guess the reason I'm writing this is to remind people that the internet is a fantasy land.  BE CAREFUL!!!  A friend of mine even showed me how easy it is to fake your location on facebook.  Can you believe that????

   Use good judgement,  folks.  Don't disclose ANYTHING to anyone you don't really know.  Protect yourself and your family.  I'm not saying people like this are dangerous,  but,  you can't really be completely sane if you are stealing pics and claiming them as your own.

   #foodforthought

   Blessed Be )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment