Sunday, May 22, 2016

My happy place

   I was talking with a friend today about meditation and how difficult it can be sometimes.  I've had people tell me,  in the past,  to draw upon a happy memory to find my center.  While that comes across as good advice,  it isn't always possible.  My truly happy memories are few and far between,  at least when I started this journey many years ago.  The birth of my son was probably the only thought that I could truly consider joyful but I was unable to use it for meditation because our connection is so strong if I thought of him he would wake up.  Lol.  True story.  So,  I honestly thought I would never be able to successfully meditate.

   Till it happened completely by accident.  I was at a Samhain retreat one weekend and had just finished a reiki session I desperately needed due to a migraine.  As I climbed into my bunk to rest before the nights drum circle started I began to feel woozy again.  I closed my eyes and prayed for it to stop....but it didn't.  However,  the nausea did lessen as a vision began to form behind my closed eyes.

   Ticking away the seconds,  I started to see the ocean.  Then the sky,  bright blue with clouds drifting by.  I saw land to my left,  the trees bobbing with the motion of the boat I was suddenly on.  Then,  far off in the distance,  I saw a flash of light.  A minute went by and I saw it again.  Then again.  Each time it grew in size and intensity.  It dawned on my I was being led towards something.  Destination unknown.  I watched as this continued and grew brighter.  The flash almost blinding me until I finally realized what it was.

   A lighthouse.

   Through the bobbing of the boat,  and now low hanging clouds,  I watched one last time as it flashed.....and I was out like a light,  pun intended.

   When I woke there was clarity to my thoughts that had not been there before.  Purpose found me through a migraine and indecision.  Through fear of what I might see.  I didn't have to go searching for something to center me and guide me.  It found me.

   My whole reason for telling this is so no one ever thinks this is unattainable.  We are all meant to achieve a higher consciousness.  A better understanding and to function at full capacity.  But this doesn't mean we will all be doing it the same way.  My lighthouse found me when I was ready.  It prepared me to do the same for someone else.

   Blessed Be )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment