Thursday, September 24, 2015

We ain't all fame hungry douchebags...

   Well...I'm sure the title says it all, but I will go ahead and post this blog anyway. In the wake of the horrible tragedy that took the lives of three people, the Constantinos and Debby Constantinos roommate, a whole lot of pooh has come out of the woodwork. I'm sure you have all heard that saying "The cream rises to the top"? Well...so does scum. It builds and builds slowly covering the surface of things blocking out the air and sunlight till all you have is darkness.

   That is what these people are to me. Those "paranormal investigators" who have become so hungry for fame and notoriety that they are willing to tinkle all over the idea that a family may be grieving and in need of peace. I've seen it all over social media how certain people find it in "good taste" and "is significant to the field" the idea of going to the murder scenes of these people and to try to connect with them. I've even heard people say that is the best time to gather evidence...24 hours after a person dies.

   Can I call bullshit on this one? Is that unladylike of me? Oh well, if it is then so be it! I never claimed to be ladylike, anyway. Fact of the matter is NO ONE has ever proven that 24 hours is the best time to gather evidence...EVER. In fact, it has been argued that this would be the worst time due to the fact that there may be some confusion in the passing, especially in a case that is fueled by trauma, fear and rage. I'm putting my money on this theory. If that were the case, the 24 hour thingy, most sensitive's would never get a moments peace.

   TRUST ME.

   It's been my experience, in my umpteen years doing this, that time not only heals all wounds (for the most part) but it also loosens lips and enables a spirit to feel more comfortable in communicating. If this isn't reason enough to allow a respectable amount of time to pass before disrupting a family's time of grief how about this reason...it's the RIGHT THING TO DO. It's the non-dickhead thing to do. It's the DECENT and RESPECTFUL thing to do. Put your own wants and needs on the back burner and offer a prayer to the family. Send love and light. Plant a tree in the victims honor. Speak out against domestic violence and donate to a battered woman's shelter. In other words...GIVE SOMETHING BACK that does not benefit you in the least, save the good feeling you get for honoring another's life and contribution to a field you "love".

   There...I've said it. Remember this the next time you see someone post about wanting to do something so distasteful. Put yourself in the family's place and think of how you would feel if people descended on you like vultures. Remember this the next time you have to defend your involvement in the paranormal field because of peoples misguided views on it. This is the very thing that makes people wince at the thought of what we do. It's one of the things that make people look down on us as a whole. That...and those who fake evidence. Damn...don't even get me started on that!

   Anyway...rant over. I'm all yelled out. I hope, sincerely, that you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are. (((HUGS)))

   Blessed Be )()(

     

No comments:

Post a Comment