Monday, September 7, 2015

The tool box...

   I was on twitter today discussing a particular topic with someone when the subject of shielding came up. This made me think this is as good a time as any to go ahead and write a blog on the subject sine I have been approached recently about mentoring and tutoring on the subject. Since my schedule doesn't really allow the extra time for too much "one on one" interaction. I thought a blog on it would be helpful to those in need. 

   When I was first learning how to handle the information being thrown at me, I listened to everybody. I tried every way to block/shield that I was told to just to see if it would work. None of it did. The closest way that was described to me was "bricking" myself in. That meant I was to visualize myself literally being surrounded by bricks, one by one, that started at my feet and continued up until they reached the top of my head, leaving only my face uncovered. I think this would have worked, too, if I weren't so claustrophobic. Lol. Needless to say, the thought of being so constricted was too much for me to bear. I tried a multitude of other ways that were less constrictive but these weren't strong enough. That's when I finally realized what the problem was. It wasn't that these ways didn't work, because they worked just fine for other people. The problem was me. I needed to find my own comfort zone. I needed to look deep within myself and find a way that I felt was just for me. 

   I did exactly that in the most surprising way. I took my worst fear...spiders...and used the very thing they produce to be my shield. I imagine myself being encased in a web from toes to head, again, leaving my face uncovered. When i do this it allows me to muffle the information coming in without completely blocking every thing out. I really believe that is another reason I was having such difficulty with shielding in the first place. You see, I don't want to block it all out because I may miss something. Not too mention, I have been down that road before where I have done that and felt like I were dying a slow death. This technique may not be for everybody, but it works for me like gold. For those who would like additional instruction on how to do this, or to figure out a way that would work best for you, hit me up by DM on twitter. I'll help any way I can! 

Blessed Be )()(

No comments:

Post a Comment