Saturday, October 17, 2015

Personal Power

   This is a different topic. One I haven't yet blogged on before, at least not in this way. Lol. It's regarding "personal power". We all have different sources that we pull our inspiration, or our power, from. For some it's music. For some it's art or writing. Or it can be a combination of each of these or something entirely different. That's what makes it personal. It's whatever speaks to you on a "soul" level. What inspires you to believe and hope and create and dream.

   For me, I tend to pull from whichever one I feel drawn to at the moment. For those who know me, they know that Stevie Nicks pulls out the "witch" in me like nothing else. In fact, when it comes to spell work, I listen to her and feel her music to get me in the right frame of mind for whatever task I need to complete. But it doesn't really stop there. Writing, painting, sculpting and (sometimes) poetry also put my soul at ease and help me concentrate on and visualize what it is that I need to do.

   I admit it has been a while since I put pen to paper and let my poet soul free. As I was talking to a friend tonight (hey T!) I felt the pull...the need to create...to write. To write in that rhyming, undulating, flow of words that sing to your soul when you read them.

   So I did.

   In an instant it came to me...what needed to be written.

   A whispered hush
   skin on skin
   bodies intertwine

   Slick as silk
   a bruising touch
   It's darkness that they ride

   Candles drip
   blood will boil
   they man, cry and shiver

   They start to tremble
   sharp teeth meet lips
   piercing as they quiver

    The dance is old
   this starry night
   moonbeam's rake the skin

   He whispers once
   then again
   please, Goddess, let me in...


   I was actually quite proud f this as most of what I write, at least when it comes to poetry, is quite dark. I see a lot of violence in my dreams and visions. Some past, some future. That is normally the inspiration for my poetry. I believe this was inspired by the needs, dreams and desires of women. The longing to be protected, admired, worshipped, revered, respected and most of all loved. To feel as if they are the only woman in the world to whatever man they choose to give themselves to.

   Where the lesson of personal power comes into play is actually quite simple. As you create, you visualize. What you visualize, you create. It's not only magic, it's science. Physics, if you will. It's the "Law of Attraction". If you understand that everything is energy and that by focusing your energy on what you want, instead of what you don't want, you increase your chances of getting it.

   It really is quite simple. I strongly encourage all of you to practice this. Give yourself little exercises to see if you can create the future that you want. Start small. Rome wasn't built in a day. Lol. Keep track of your progress. Find out what works for you and apply it when needed. Above all...visualize!

   Well, my lovelies...go! Create! Visualize! Dream! But most of all...BELIEVE!!!

Blessed Be )O(

2 comments: