Saturday, October 3, 2015

Dream a little dream...

   I had to write about this simply to get it out of my head...

   I was napping today, as I stayed home due to bad gallbladder attack (yucky). This was my third nap of the day, but by far the most eventful sleep I've had in a while.

   I'm used to dreaming. In fact my dreams are quite vivid in nature and I always dream in color, which I'm told is very odd. Sometimes it's what we call "Technicolor" like when they turn an old black and white movie color. This particular dream was neither one of these. It was color but with a hazy vignette look about it. Kinda murky, to be honest. I was in the woods. Very old woods by the look of them. I was clothed in a simple white nightgown that reached my ankles. not hard for it to do since I'm not the tallest gal out there. Lol.

   Anywhooo...I was wondering around these woods and stumbled upon a cabin. It was a bit shabby with cobwebs hanging haphazardly everywhere. And it was dusty. Very dusty and obviously haunted. There were a couple of old women there. They looked like something one might call hags, but I thought they were beautiful. They seemed very tired but there was an alertness to their eyes that could not be mistaken. They were keeping themselves busy by standing watch and protecting something. I cannot see what it is, but they consider it very valuable. They are murmuring just below earshot but sending me soothing looks before they would gaze out the window again. There was a small fox that lay in the corner that utterly fascinated me and I crouched down to pet it. At that same moment, its hackles raised and I jumped back wondering what I had done to displease it. The Crones, at least that is how I see them, quickly assured me that he was not angry with me, but sensed that the "monster" was coming and I should hide. I did not understand this. What in the world would I have to hide from here? The Crones quickly ushered me out the back door and encouraged me to flee. I did as I was told figuring they would know what was best out here in the woods. I found a path that led to a road where there were many people gathered. I quickly dashed behind them, dragging me feet through the mud and the muck, having to lift my gown to my knees as it skimmed the top layer of filth.

   I was barely back there a minute before this image appeared before them I could barely see so I dropped my gown hem and ducked down in between them for a better look. What I saw made me gasp and I began to shake. Before the crowd stood this huge creature! He seemed to be made of stone but the stone was moving...cracking down one side. Then another stepped out as the first form crumbled to the ground. This one seemed to be swirling fog and dripping mist. As this image began to split apart the crowd that was gathered all turned at once and looked at me. and pointed to the monster. I was speechless. I had no idea what they wanted of me or if I wanted to be a part of whatever it was anyway. One man stepped forward and said simply..."it is time..."

   Then I woke up.

   Not the strangest dream I've ever had, but one of the most vivid. I could feel everything...even the mud under my feet. I could smell the sweat coming off the people gathered before me. I could hear the roar of the monster as it changed shape. And I could feel the love of the Crones as they gave me strength.

   Blessed Be )O(

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you tell this dream I almost felt I was there too!

    Deedee

    http://madeupgirl-madeupgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!!! I try to convey as best I can. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!!!! I try to convey as best I can. ❤

    ReplyDelete