Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Well....we saw this coming, right?

   So...I'm sure everyone has seen the news about that paranormal fella with the show. Ryan Buell? The whole alleged "drug using, cancer lying, money stealing" thing, right? Well....I'm sure you all are waiting with baited breath for my signature sarcastic comments on the subject but...I just can't do it.

    I can't. 

   Fact is...I've never even watched his show. At least not a whole episode of it, I don't think. I maybe saw the first bit of one, years ago, thought to myself "what bull shit" and turned it. Now...I know there are gonna be some haters over that statement and that's okay. I don't mind. We ALL know by now I don't give a rats ass what people think of me as long as their beliefs are based on truth. So...for those who hate me now, that's okay. Got nothing but love for ya. I'm all about supporting honest, free thinking, individuals.

   But I'm still not gonna bash him. In truth, I feel incredibly sorry for him. I feel sorry for the way he may have felt he had to do things. I feel sorry for the people who trusted him and believed in him only to be disappointed.  I feel sorry for his family who will suffer the back lash of whatever media circus is coming to town because of this. But most of all, I feel sorry for the field. 

   Yes...that's right. I feel sorry for all those individuals and teams who go out whenever they can, on their own dime, and spend hours...if not days...in places most people wouldn't give a second thought to. I feel sorry for those who take on the masses and their intense criticism simply for doing what they love. I feel sorry for all those people out there who take these shows as "gospel" when it comes to the paranormal. Last, but not least, I feel sorry for those who secretly want to be him, fiasco and all...simply to get on TV. 

   Ya'll have read me preach till I'm blue in the face in regards to the ego, greed and untruths that this field is littered with. The ever present stain that no amount bleach will dissolve away. This is but just one more scandal, in a field strewn with them, that will set us back years. Just one more reason for people to think it's all about the people DOING the investigating instead of the spirits BEING investigated. Just one more reason for people to think we are all fame and money hungry crazies. 

   Honestly, it pisses me off. It pisses me off knowing that any ground we gain...any respectability within our grasp, could have just been thrown in the trash. 

   When will it end, people? For Goddess sake...when will it FINALLY become clear that WE are not the important part of this equation. Imagine how little ground would have been gained if scientist were more concerned about their image than the illnesses they were trying to cure? I know it's not on the same level but the idea is the same. The only way to get past these embarrassments and move forward is to change the way we do things. Otherwise this cycle will be repeated over and over. Is that really what any of us want? #FOODFORTHOUGHT

Blessed Be )O(

4 comments:

  1. I don't even know who the guy is. You have a big heart, Love💋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, hun!!!! The whole thing just makes me sad. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of the guy. But i love the feild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of the guy. But i love the feild.

    ReplyDelete