Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Before I die...

      I know...I know...weird title for a blog but, I promise, I'm going somewhere with it. 

   Right now I'm going through some changes. I'm taking stock of what's important and the kind of legacy I want to leave, in this world, before I haunt the shit out of you people. Come on...you KNOW I will...lol!!

   It's funny how, when you get older, the things you find important change. They change with a quickness and leave you a little stunned and unsure how to make the necessary modifications you need to make. Trust me. I know this to be true. 

   Not long ago I started my metamorphosis from a caterpillar to a butterfly.  Not in looks, mind you. I was way hotter in my early twenties. What gave me my wings was courage. Courage to stand alone regardless of how tough life might be. Strength to teach my son that nothing can knock you down forever as long as you get back up when it tries it. And it WILL try. Alot! 

   My wings gave me hope. Hope that I would find my place in this world. The world that, a few times, had turned it's back on me because I didn't fit in. My son gave me wings. His unequivocal trust that I would never give up taught me more than I can ever fully explained. His unconditional love replaced my tears with the biggest smiles. His pride, in me, made me want to accomplish so much more in life than I ever thought possible. 

   These are the marks I want to leave on the world. I don't care if I'm ever rich. Sure...to not have to worry would be nice but, let's face it, I will worry anyway. About something. Anything. 

   I don't care about fame. I've heard it can be lonely and I've had enough of that i my life. 

   I don't care about status. I am me. I will never be any one else. I barely wear makeup. I will eat queso and chips till it's coming out my ears. I curse like a sailor. I have a nasty temper. I love like no other. I am my very own worst critic. These things are me. All of them. They matter little. What truly matters is the meat and bones of who we are. 

   Honest. Trustworthy. Humble. Love. Respectfulness. Courageousness. Fairness. Earnest. Kind. Protective. Selflessness.

   These are what matter in life. Not how many people like your status. Not how many people want to be you. Not the cardboard cut out image of us that we believe society wants to see. This image of perfection. Perfection does not exist. Not in ourselves and not in how we want to see others. 

   We are all broken. We have all been shattered at one time or another. The legacy we leave, when we pass on, is dictated by how we put those pieces back together. 

   Blessed Be )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment