Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Personally Paranormal...

   I've been asked many times why I am single. Now...don't get me wrong. I'm not saying, or even implying, that I am some great catch. Not by a long shot. I don't even think those who ask me think that, honestly. But I've given the question a lot of thought. My friend Jana, and I, talked about it at great length on the way home from New Orleans. So much so that I think I finally have a pretty good answer to satisfy the masses.

   I'm tired of being a disappointment. Plain and simple. Don't get me wrong...I'm not a bad person. I'm not a big drinker. I don't do drugs. I'm a hard worker....sometimes too hard. It isn't these things that make me say what I just said. It's something much more complicated. It's me as a person. It's what I do and who I am. It's the fact that, at any moment I may have to dive into a personal reading or help out a team on the other side of the country...or world. It's my writing. Both the blog and my books keep me pecking away at the computer when I have a free moment or two. It's my love of travel and the need to see, and do, as much as possible before I take my last breath. The long and short of it is that June Cleaver I am not. Never will be. I've tried on the costume and it just looks goofy on me. Unfortunately that is what most men are looking for. Someone to take care of them. I understand that and don't begrudge anyone that kind of life.

   But that's not me. Never will be. And I don't expect Ward to show up at my doorstep and let me stay home from work so I can bake cookies for the "Beav", either. I can write, bake cookies, and do a reading pretty much at the same time. I'm gifted like that. A multi-tasker to the extreme. A quality some have found endearing, in the beginning, only to resent in the future.

   That is the part I've never understood. It may sound like I'm a man hater...but I'm not. Far from it. Truth is, I love men. I find them fascinating. Uber masculine, ultra sensitive, witty and intelligent. To me there is no better combination. Nothing is sexier than a man chasing his dreams and sharing those dreams with the woman he loves. My road block is that it's always been a one way street. My dreams ceased to exist in my partners eyes. My drive, my determination, my total lack of self pity or willingness to give up becomes a threat. I don't know why, but it's the truth. So I have accepted it. If someone ever crosses my path who is not threatened by success, however minimal, or my ambition, however great, I will gladly jump aboard that crazy train with them and cheer them on the whole way as they pursue what they love. But I expect the same in return. I refuse to travel on one way streets anymore.

   I did not choose this life..the paranormal life...it chose me. The times I've tried to deny it I've felt myself die, a little at a time, inside. I won't do that to myself anymore. If someone can't handle my witchy, conversationalist of the deceased, spell casting, know what I shouldn't, free thinking, goal oriented self then the loss is theirs. Not mine.

   I hope that sums it up. It may sound a bit bitchy but that dims a bit as you realize I think ALL people should feel this way. Men and women, alike. No one should ever have to water themselves down for love. Food for thought, peeps...

   Blessed Be )O(

8 comments:

  1. Bitchy, naw. a realization, maybe. Vanessa an Energy whom has shared her gift with so many with respect and trust. THEY have had their influence and have NEVER swayed the emotions and love you share with us. As far as being single, well you are truly not alone at all as long as we are comfortable with who we are anyways,
    Many partners are around Vanessa, Few deserve.. Love ya and lots of smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to make me smile, darlin!!! I truly am a blessed woman to have friends like you in my life!!! Much love to you always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to amaze me with your way with words. They are out there somewhere, and I cannot wait until you meet them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never cease to amaze me with your way with words. They are out there somewhere, and I cannot wait until you meet them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's that familiar sound coming from you?...... oh, Yes! #truthbomb !!!!

    ReplyDelete