Monday, July 25, 2016

The Paranormal "Pit"

   I thought this a fitting title, due to personal observation over the past year or so. Why, you ask? Well......if you insist, I'll tell you.

   Here goes nothing....

   You see...I'm an observer of human behavior. A people watcher. I notice EVERYTHING. I don't always act on it. Nor do I always say anything. But I think I'm changing my tune on that.

   Over the past year I have learned one very important lesson. Be VERY CAREFUL who you tie your name too. If you're like me, an author, your name is your brand. It is LITERALLY your MONEY MAKER. It is IRREPLACEABLE. It is also IRREPARABLE if you fall from grace over the company you keep. Before you get involved with a person, or a group, RESEARCH. Ask questions. Observe their behavior. How do they speak about themselves? How do they speak about others? Are they ALWAYS the victim? Are they ALWAYS under attack? Do their words ring true? Have you caught them in lies? Do they WILLINGLY admit wrong doings?

   This may seem severe. It may seem paranoid but, trust me, I've learned the hard way. This rings especially true for paranormal groups. We....as groups AND individuals....are already under fire. Even the smallest indiscretion can be more destructive than you know. Food for thought....

   Blessed Be )O(

6 comments: