Saturday, July 16, 2016

Calling all empaths......

   I've sat here, tonight, bawling like a little girl. Seriously. Sobbing. Incomprehensible mutterings my dialogue. Wanna know why?

   Do you?

   Because I care. Because I FEEL. It's uncontrollable for me. If someone is in pain, I share it. If they are ashamed, I share it. If they are hopeless.... I share it. Tis true.

   My son and I talked of those less fortunate than us. Watched videos depicting homeless "actors" on the street and peoples reactions to them. We watched an actual homeless man realize someone had left him money. Guess what he did with it?

   No...he didn't buy liquor or drugs.

   He bought a pillow and a blanket. Items he desperately needed. Then....he took it all back to the store and gave the money to a man he thought needed it more.

   Bless him.

   Someone who literally had NOTHING gave all he could to help another. Another homeless man showed kindness to a freezing child on the street when no one else had, even though hundreds had passed him.

   Thousands of people passed a "homeless" child on the street with only ONE offering help. Then the filmmaker got verbally abused for showing these atrocities.

   I think he should be commended. In this world we have become so obsessed with what is OURS that we forget it could all go away tomorrow. Since when is denying someone basic human rights, especially a child, like food or shelter something acceptable? Since when did the general public get to decide who eats and who doesn't freeze to death? Please don't come at me with "I work hard for what's mine" bullshit. I work hard too. But there's a difference. I never assumed my hard work made me better than another. It never made me more cold, more hungry or more in need of shelter. It never made me "more worth saving".

   Imagine how different the world would be if we were all empathetic. If you could feel that pain, cold, hunger or shame just once.....maybe you would see things differently.

   Blessed Be )O(

4 comments:

  1. ALL my donations go to the street, into the hand of those that need it. it's truly none of my business where they spend it. I found out years ago donating to large charities only a small portion trickles down to the end user, so this way the end user receives it all. it is wonderful to share the gifts that we are given with those whos gifts aren't as great as ours. As I have said many times to many critics, the average is only a paycheck away from the same fate. love ya, and keep spreading that love

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right!!!! Love ya, hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be very distressing & hurts to have Empathy especially at this present time of Shootings Terrorism Wars Coups Homelessness & Poverty. I sometimes wake up crying not knowing which problem hurts the most - But the answer is to do as many positive good deeds as possible - every little helps

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely right, hun. We have to spread hope, love and compassion. Daily.

    ReplyDelete