Saturday, December 19, 2015

Solitary

 I'm sorry I've been away for a while. Life has been rather crazy and I honestly had to take a smidge of a break. I was doing exactly that, resting after work a bit, when a friend on twitter responded to a pic I had posted and we talked a bit about the spiritual side of life. It reminded me that I am not the only one who has difficulty in fitting in and expressing myself when it comes to things of a spiritual nature.

   You see, as I've stated before, regardless of the fact that there are plenty of mystical and paranormal shows on television, those of us who "walk the walk" still have trouble fitting into society. Probably because we view the world in a slightly different way and, as we all know, different is bad. Right?

   Big fat WRONG.

   Different is not only good, it is necessary. Different is what changes the world. Now...I want you to think about what I am saying. Really think about it. I bet the people who first accidentally "invented" beer were thought to be crazy. I mean, lets face it...how hard must it have been to get the others to drink such a concoction in the beginning? Or the person who first came up with penicillin? Acupuncture? Psychology? The high rope? Motion pictures? The list really goes on and on and is way more in depth than the little bit I just listed.

   My point is, All of these things wouldn't exist if somebody hadn't have went out on a limb and took a chance at looking like a fool. What the majority of us do, behind closed doors, is really no different. The ONLY difference is it used to be widely accepted and was commonly practiced out in the open...and now it's not. Wanna know why? Because someone told us it was BAD.

  Well...I call bullshit on that one. Fact of the matter is people have been honoring the dead and communicating with them far longer than any of us have been alive. Rituals have been created for it. Entire communities have participated in it. Individuals have been sought out for it. This is what we DO.

   Sure, there are some out there who have given us a bad name. No worries...we know who they are and will deal with them accordingly. There are also those who wish to exploit...see above statement as to their fate. These are obstacles we knowingly meet head on and with as much piss and vinegar as we can muster. Why, you ask? Why do we accept the scorn? The funny looks? The chuckles behind our backs? Because we believe in what we are doing and do not need your approval.

   Okay...now that I've had my say on the matter...for those who are having difficulty in finding your place or your comfort zone...this next part is for you.

   First...don't hide who you are if you don't absolutely have to. You're beautiful. OWN IT.

   Second...trust yourself. Listen to your gut when it speaks to you. Write down or draw what you see/hear/feel/smell/taste. Keep records of it.

   Third...don't be afraid to be wrong. No one is ever right all the time. NO ONE.

   Fourth...don't ever believe anyone who says they are. They are lying.

   Fifth...do what I do. If I see someone in my head I draw them, then I post it on twitter or facebook. I do this in hopes of finding the person I'm supposed to contact. I simply do not care if I look weird anymore.

   Sixth...you are your own best teacher. What works for others may not work for you. Draw your own conclusions. you will see a pattern emerge that is unique to you. Do not doubt yourself and your ability to broaden your mind and open your soul. You can do this...I KNOW YOU CAN.



   Blessed Be )O(

  

7 comments:

  1. All of it true,another interesting read, keep up the good work, you're doing great you lovely creature.👍😀😍😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and also correct .a good read yet again .more more more !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting and also correct .a good read yet again .more more more !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all!!!! I really appreciate the feedback!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks y'all!!!! I really appreciate the feedback!!

    ReplyDelete