Saturday, January 28, 2017

Just so it's clear...(written blog)

   I made a video blog last night but I'm going ahead with a written blog too. I feel it's necessary to reach as many people as possible. 

   Yesterday, on facebook, I posted some very good news. News regarding a missing persons case I read for. I normally keep all my readings private as they carry sensitive, personal, information, but I was so damn happy that this person was found alive that I had to share. I ended my post with "Blessed Be )O(". Common, really, for a Pagan. No harm there as it's the standard, respectful way, to do it. Right?

   Apparently wrong. 

   In this day and age I can't believe that doing something so simple can leave you wide open for persecution. Yes...you heard right. I was soon assailed by comments from one particular person who felt it necessary to inform me that if I was not doing what I do in the name of Jesus that I HAD to be doing it in the name of Satan. 

   Go ahead, laugh...I know I did. 

   Apparently these were my only two choices in the matter. Jesus or Satan. Funny.....I don't see it that way. I would like to start off by saying I fully support peoples religious, political, sexual beliefs. I don't judge. PERIOD. One might say that is very "christian" of me. And you would be right as, from what I know of the teachings, that is how it's supposed to be. Unfortunately, and I speak from experience, that is rarely the case with zealots. They judge all day long!

   I handled everything well, truly. I stayed polite because that's how I was raised. But polite doesn't mean quiet. Not for this southern woman. I especially won't stay quiet after this persons wife jumped on the feed and posted innuendo concerning myself and the first, and only, time I met her husband. I can only assume it was to shed some kind of illicit light on me making me look bad. 

   Didn't work cause I called that shit out and shut it down. Ya'll know by now I don't mince words. 

   My point is this....no one...and I mean NO ONE...has the right to tell you how you should believe, feel, love, live if you are not hurting anyone. 

   EVER.

   Nor do they have a right to insinuate that your intentions are anything other than pure if you are doing what you do to help people. My beliefs are simple. If you are helping others I don't give a rats ass, one single fuck, if you are doing it in the name of Jesus, Allah, Buddah or a fucking pack of ketchup. I don't care if you get on your knees EVER night and worship a bottle of hot dog relish. I don't. As long as you are not hurting any body. As long as you are helping people. 

   You see...I could have pulled the "religious pissing contest" card and informed him that my religion out dates his by a long shot...but I didn't. I don't roll that way. I have no need to "pull rank" or try to belittle another person. But...I will not tolerate condescension, innuendo or ulterior motives  by a cohort (like promoting a book) on my feed. PERIOD. To do what was done is no different than racial slurs, if I was of a different race, or homophobic slurs, if I were homosexual. People like this think they can get away with it because it's all in the name of religion. You know how I know? Cause this was last night....and I woke up to it still going on on my facebook post. 

   Some people....

   To the rest of ya'll....BLESSED BE )O(

10 comments:

  1. Love you, you awesome , crazy lady!!!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. BLESSED BY YOU DEAR ANGEL!GO On continue to inspire those of us who need it!Thank-You very much!As I hope to continue to inspire those who need it as well!Keeping it all together with Love,respect and lots of Laughter!XOXO Always..Fran!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hun!!!! We are ALL in this together. And you are sooooo right! Only love, respect and laughter can move us forward!!! Love ya, hun!!!

      Delete
  3. Don't forget that he managed to plug his book in your post as well, I was going to say something to him but decided to just shut up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah...that's in there. His wife posted it. I have TWO books and I've never done that to anyone. It's called class and good manners. I truly appreciate your support! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  4. I am so so sorry!! I am a Christian. BUT I am a true Christian in that I do NOT judge but I LOVE! I don't care what your religious practices are Vanessa as long as you are a good person. You help others every fucking day and yes we Christians can and do cuss. 😉 True Christians do not judge or act like they are better. We have the right to our own religion. So tell the notch to shut up. People that know you know you have no bad heart in trying to help. You have a gift! ❤

    ReplyDelete