Monday, January 16, 2017

ParaSchool is in session, peeps...

   It's been a bit (*cough*...over 20 something years) since I've been in school but I kinda remember what it was like. Especially English class. There was this thing we did, you know, where you learn the definition of words. Really cool cause it gives us a case of the smarts. Anywhoo......

   I decided to "go back to school" and implement that wonderful thing called "educating oneself". After all the hubbub on social media as of late, and the pissing contest between the paranormal peeps and the skeptics, I figured we could ALL use a bit o' learning. So...I pulled out the trusty dictionary, just kidding...I googled the Cambridge dictionary, and looked up the prefix "para". Imagine my surprise when I learned that it did not mean "ghost"! Or "medium". Or "clairvoyant". Or "EVP". Or...and the list goes on an on.

   No..to my surprise (just kidding, I already knew this) it means...and I may paraphrase a bit..."alongside or beyond what is considered normal". That is the definition of paranormal. Something that is alongside, or beyond what may be considered normal. Wow.

   I mean double WOW!!! And all this time...who knew??? Whoodathunkit???

   Now...here's where it gets interesting, folks. According to the same dictionary the definition of "normal" is ordinary or usual. How cool is that??

   Are you following my line of thinking on this? Oh...I hope you are! My point is very simple. What is ordinary or usual, normal, to one person may NOT be ordinary, usual or normal to another. It is all very subjective. The world is made up of three types of people. One type that simply cannot step out of their conformist box for fear their reality may be crushed. The second type of person is the type that sets the box on fire for fear of being contained. The third type, which is the majority of the folks I now in the paranormal field, is the type who straddles the side of the box. They keep one foot grounded in reality and the other waving in the air, free. It's these people, these minds, that are the innovators. The explorers. The dreamers. The healers.

   The future.

   If you know anything about history you will know that some of the most brilliant and forward thinking minds were thought to be one shade shy of crazy. Yet, without them, imagine where we would be now? Albert Einstein, to name one.

   What I also found fascinating, and I strongly encourage reading it, is the article "The Science Behind Psychic Phenomena" in Time Magazine. This was an interview of a former Harvard Professor, Dianne Hennacy, who wrote "The ESP Enigma: The Scientific Case For Psychic Phenomena".

   I just thought it prudent to throw this out there. Especially with so many "keyboard vigilantes" out there trying to shove everyone back in their boxes. I'm guessing it gets lonely in there.

   Blessed Be )O(

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant! For the ones who do not fully understand some terminology, let's say clairvoyant as an example (wink, wink) there are certain ways, channeling, preparation (meditation in my case), before doing a read. For someone to take something out of context, because I misread their tweet (my mistake, I own up to it), and try to mock my ability based on that just goes to show how desperate they are to try and prove their point. Whatever, if this individual, whom by the way has been the butt of jokes, sees this as discrediting someone, if that makes him feel better, have at it. The people we have helped FOR FREE are happy with the results, and that is ALL that matters. You are a wonderful soul who puts themself out there solely to help others, FREE of charge. BRAVO! THAT IS WHAT I CALL #PARAHONEST. -Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No different than you, hun! Time and money, out of your own pocket to help those who ask. I'm truly honored to be a part of it with you!

      Delete
  2. Bravo Vanessa!I believe Many need to amp up their knowledge and keep an all loving attitude to everyone.Strange,weird different?If we keep Love in our soul and openness in our heart ,and Learn together at each other's own pace,respect not belittle,this world of our's would turn with a little less friction!Bravo to those Para-groups who don't charge people who need our help.I think we should start a Para fund for those who do provide free help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a wonderful person!! It would be nice to not have to foot all the cost. Lol. Maybe some day there will be a way. Until then we will exist on little sleep, limited funds, tired bodies and joy for what we do!

      Delete