Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Crazy is a four letter word.....

   Well, I must say, the last 8 months have been kind of a blur. I apologize, for those who read this blog, for slacking off the last month or so. It has been CRAZY! I finally finished my second book, "Giving up the Ghost", and it is due out sometime this month. In fact, that is what this blog is going to be about. Not the book, but the following of dreams.
  
   If you had asked me a year ago if I ever thought I would be a published author I would have said hell no! I would have meant it, too. I never thought I had what it took to go after something I wanted. At least not something like that. It's not that I have low self-esteem. Nothing like that. I just never would have thought anyone would care what I had to say. It took very good friends to make me see that people would. That people could relate to my experiences and maybe even learn from them. They told me I wasn't crazy....unless you mean crazy fabulous! lol. (just kidding)

   What I'm trying to say is that we are all important. We all have a story to tell, paint, sing, write or draw. Whether or not it's paranormal or completely normal, magical or mundane. There's a story.

   I've learned a lot over the past few months, and I'd like to share that with you. What I've learned is that you should always listen to your inner voice. Even when you think it's talking crazy. When you hear it whisper a dream to you, do everything I your power to obtain it. Even if you fail I can promise you that you won't regret it. Regret is for those who aren't willing to fall flat on their face.
  
   Lesson #2...Of course you should listen to the advice of others but, even if they say you're nuts, never forget it's YOUR life to live. At the end of it do you want to say, "Boy....I wish I would have done that..." OR "Holy crap, I'm scraped and a little worse for the wear, but DAMN that was FUN!"

   Lesson #3...I know this goes hand in hand with the other two, but it warrants a mention all on it's own. Stay true to who you are. Don't compromise yourself or try to change. Not for anyone.  When you look in a mirror you want to know the person looking back at you. You want to respect them. You need to know your own value and that you are worth fighting for.

   These are things I never really knew until now. I hope it doesn't take others so long to find out for themselves. (((BIG HUGS)))

*Blessed Be*

No comments:

Post a Comment